Check & compare physical parts/numbers to Bill of Material to ensure correct parts are issued for installation
Knows how to read, interpret electrical drawings/schematics inline with building electrical control panels & machine wirings
Knows how to layout & wire different components within & between electrical cabinets & machineries
Install electrical components, such as transformers, reactors, disconnects, frequency drives, PLCs, HMIs, etc. in electrical cabinets or on machineries
Select, bend and install conduit (flexible, liquid tight, EMT, Rigid), clips, trays, etc., as required
Wire components in cabinets or on machines according to schematics and the Canadian Electrical Code
Report directly to the Electrical Production Supervisor
Own basic tools (tester, screwdrivers, pliers, wire stripper, metal files, etc.) to be used for building electrical control panels
Maintain and repair building electrical systems as required
Maintain a clean work environment
To perform other tasks that maybe assigned from time to time
Inform stock keeper when consumable components are getting low in supply
Work in accordance with Health and Safety policies.
With Mitsubusi Control knowledge. Working knowledge of Tool Presetters “measuring the cutting edges of tools to assure they precisely match job specifications”. Setup and operate horizontal CNC Machine to include 5-Axis machine with rotary tables.
- Set-up and operation of horizontal and vertical CNC Machining Centers to include two 5-Axis machines in the manufacturing of blown film dies.
- Expected to perform cutter adjustments either by tool offset or physical sizing of boring bars at the machine and will also have experience in light editing at the machine control
- Experienced reading and interpreting blueprints and setup sheets
- Skilled at making program edits, using gauges, micrometers, calipers and indicators
- Experienced in working with tight tolerances
We are looking for skilled Millwrights who have experience building and maintenance with industrial, custom, machinery equipment. We operate a safe, clean facility and consider security and safety our top priorities, so we are looking for professionals whose values reflect our own. They would be working on various machineries designed for plastic industry. Some travel is involved with this position, for customers start up or service calls, once they would be familiar with the equipment built in house.
The following qualifications are pre-requisites for this position:
- Extensive knowledge of custom equipment and machinery.
- Efficient time-management skills
- High school diploma/GED required
- Journey Level millwright provincial certification required
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics and detailed drawings for custom design equipment and machinery, related to the plastic industry preferred.
- Assembling parts and fitting sections of production machinery.
- Align and calibrate machinery and equipment parts as required for efficient and safe operation
- Dismantle equipment when required for repair or transportation and reassemble it at the appropriate time.
- Move equipment to the appropriate location, loading for shipping.
Commissioning & Start-up:
This position is intended to target candidates with field/operations experience. They would support the safe and efficient commissioning and start-up of complete production lines (blown or cast film), or individual machineries, for plastic industry. They would be responsible for start-up projects globally, as well as supporting operating facilities where required.
- Develop commissioning and start-up execution strategies
- Assist in organizing resources for commissioning and start-up
- Travel to sites and participate in start-up along with customer team.
- Participate in piping installations and reviews if by contract falls under Macro’s responsibilities.
- Plan for training and smooth transition of equipment from Macro to customer. To complement field activities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the construction of all equipment in our facility.
Education / Qualifications:
- Skilled millwright
- Field experience in plant operations required
- Start-up and commissioning experience required
- Willingness to travel both within Canada/ United States and globally. Estimated travel to be 60%
- Willingness to take longer assignments at project locations
- Exhibits a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to motivate.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to relate easily to others in the business community such as customers, suppliers, contractors, and trade associations.
- Ability to handle stress with poise.
- Mental toughness
- Understanding of customer deliverable expectations and preferences.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and requirements to team members and to structure accountability.
- Organization skills in personal and team issues.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and other technology tools or design software (AutoCAD).
- Ability to recognize personal deficiencies in expertise and mobilize needed assistance.
- Setting up and operating conventional Lathes, turning large aluminium castings Machining work pieces in accordance with drawings and tolerances
- Able to turn and mill within .001”
- Able to operate surface grinder
- Able to cut internal and external threads on lathe Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings and machining to specifications
- Have knowledge of metals and the quality/machinability of them Have experience using micrometers and verniers up to 40''
- Own Tools/Equipment such as 0-6 Mic's, Vernier, Dial Indicator & basic hand tools
- 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- Must have experience running lathe and milling machines
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication skills
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
Holding a Mechanical Technologist or Engineering degree with at least 5 years experience in Mechanical Design of custom-engineered machinery. Candidate should exhibit an innovative approach to ensure cost-effective design and design parameters including layouts, dimensions, and materials. Experience with plastic extrusion machinery or web-handling equipment would be a definite asset. The candidate posses a team player attitude and strong communication abilities with high regard to customer focus. Must be a creative independent thinker. Skills must include solid knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD.
5 -10 years’ experience in:
- Electrical Design: machine and process
- Control Panels design
- Safety Systems design and implementation
- Components selection and specification
- Machine and process wiring, commissioning
- Start up and commissioning of key-turn operations
- Deep knowledge and application of pneumatic systems
- Servo systems installation, programming, tuning, startup and commissioning – international travel required
- Installation, programming and troubleshooting of:
- PLC: Allan Bradley : Control Logix/ RS Logix , Siemens S7 300, , S7 1500, Omron CJ series…..,
- HMI: Allan Bradley, Siemens,
- Instrumentation: Siemens, Omron, Weidmuller, Phoenix, …
- Selection of components, designing, wiring, programming, tuning and commissioning of servo systems
- Selection, installation, setup, programming, and evaluation of safety control systems Cat I to Cat IV.
- P.Eng an asset but not necessary